Thursday, December 1, 2011

My Christmas List

Dear Santa,

I don’t mean to be pushy, but I don’t understand what’s going on here. I don’t ever ask for very much, but every year I get the same boring socks and undies, and that’s just lame. I’d almost rather have a piece of coal to unwrap than another pair of plain white socks. Couldn’t they at least be interesting socks, like with stripes or bright colors or something? The ones I keep getting are just like the ones my moms like to pick out!

As you have probably already guessed, what I want for Christmas is my acceptance letter to Hogwarts (Or, at the very least, I suppose I could settle with admittance into Pottermore. I can’t get in there, either.). I’ve read all the books and watched all the movies (do they have a movie theatre at the North Pole, and did you go see the last one? It was brilliant!) at least four times each, and Hogwarts sounds like the perfect school for me. Regular school just isn’t really doing it for me these days.
If this happens and you can pull some strings to get me in, I’d also really like a cauldron, a set of Ravenclaw robes and a gift certificate to the wand store, since that’s probably something I have to pick out myself. And if you’re feeling extra generous, I’d love an owl of my very own!

If that’s not something you can handle (and I’ll understand if you can’t, I really will!), I’d also really like a new American Girl doll. This next part is important, Santa, just to let you know: her name is Cecile, and she’s one of the new Historical Characters from New Orleans, not the new Ivy doll, trust me on this. My moms have been all excited that there’s finally a doll that looks just like me, and we even have the same name, but honestly? I’d be a little creeped out to get her since (get this!) we look so much alike that we even have the same style haircut! I know a lot of people love having mini me’s, and there’s nothing wrong with that, but I’m not really one of them.

Lastly, I’d really like a flute. My moms have me taking violin lessons, and to be perfectly honest, I really, really hate it. I know I’m not going to get out of music lessons and recital dresses with itchy tights, but I think a different instrument would help a lot.

Well, Santa, I think that’s it. I’m going to make you some gingerbread men and sugar cookies on Christmas Eve so they’ll be nice and fresh for you, and there’ll be plenty of candy canes on the tree for your elves.
And remember, if it’s a toss up between socks or coal, just leave the coal. My friend Avalanche can use it in her little fire pit!

Love,

Ivy

No comments:

Post a Comment